To coordinate activities across WLCG stakeholders in order to keep the WLCG infrastructure dependable and direct its evolution toward new technologies and paradigms where such is deemed desirable.
The goal is to ensure a smooth operation of the WLCG infrastructure by:
- Holding weekly operations and monthly coordination meetings
- Identifying issues which require attention, reporting them to the WLCG Management Board if necessary
- Creating new task forces (TF) and working groups (WG) to address specific matters
- Monitoring the TF and WG progress
- Preparing summary material to support management decision-making
- Evolving WLCG Operations processes to improve their effectiveness
- Experiment representatives
- Site/region representatives
- Infrastructure project representatives: EGI, OSG, ...